The CAMP Summer Research Scholars Program (SRSP) is a 8-week class that is focused on providing UCI students with information on how to conduct undergraduate research. Students meet once a week, on Wednesdays (for 2 hours). This class is for active CAMP Scholars.
SRSP augments the experience of students working with faculty mentors to enhance their understanding of what it means to be a scientist or engineer. The class provides students with the opportunity to engage in meaningful discussions with their peers, access literature focused on best practices related to research, hear from graduate students in STEM about their academic journeys, and participate in workshops focused on graduate school preparedness. Please note that students must be engaged in undergraduate research with faculty, while simultaneously taking the SRS class, the entire 8 weeks.
The course includes:
- How to employ successful academic strategies
- Graduate school preparedness information
- How to position yourself to be a successful scientist or engineer
- Presentations from like-minded departments on campus
- Opportunities to build community with other CAMP Scholar researchers
- Presentations about poster abstracts, critical thinking in STEM, and meaningful engagement
Students that attend all of the classes, and complete all of the required assignments, will be eligible for the National Science Foundation stipend!!
The application period for the Summer Research Scholars Program is closed.