Building on existing efforts to improve transfer rates, the University of California and Edison International offers the Edison STEM Transfer Scholarship to CAMP eligible transfer students. This is a fantastic opportunity for students that have transferred to UCI from local community colleges that are serviced by Edison International.
Edison International offers a two-year $15,000 ($7,500 each year) award based on merit and academic promise.
Criteria for the Edison Scholarship are as follows:
- Must be a CAMP eligible student enrolled in one, or more, of the following degree programs: Information & Computer Sciences, Engineering, Mathematics and Physical Sciences (except Environmental Sciences).
- Must have a minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA from a community college.
- Must have been enrolled (and completed at least 24 units) at a community college served by Southern California Edison (click here for a list of eligible colleges).
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Must be underrepresented in STEM as defined by the National Science Foundation (NSF).
- Must have financial need as determined by the UC Irvine Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships.
The award supports UC Irvine students with a renewable $7,500 scholarship should the scholar maintain the minimum GPA requirement and complete 25 hours of community service (each academic year) facilitated by the CAMP office.
If you are eligible to receive this scholarship then it is highly recommended that you apply.
The application period is now closed. Please check back during the fall 2021 quarter.