Building on existing efforts to improve transfer rates, the University of California and Edison International will offer the Edison STEM Transfer Scholarship to LSAMP-CAMP eligible transfer students for the 2018-2019 academic year. This is a fantastic opportunity for students that have transferred to UCI from local community colleges that are serviced by Edison International!
Edison International offers a two-year $15,000 ($7,500 each year) scholarship based on merit and academic promise.
Criteria for the Edison Scholarship are as follows:
- LSAMP-CAMP eligible student with the following major(s): Information & Computer Sciences, Engineering, Mathematics and Physical Sciences (except Environmental Sciences).
- Minimum 3.0 GPA for Community College and UCI.
- Must reside within a Southern California Edison service area OR have been enrolled (and completed at least 24 units) at a community college served by Southern California Edison. (click here for a list of eligible colleges).
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Must have financial need as determined by the UC Irvine Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships.
- Upon receipt of the scholarship, the student must commit to 25 hours of community service per year at the discretion of the program director.
The scholarship supports promising UC Irvine students with a conditionally-renewable $7,500 scholarship per year for two-years should the scholar maintain GPA requirements and complete 25 hours of community service per year through the LSAMP-CAMP UC Irvine office.
The program also assists transfer students in understanding the services provided by CAMP and the university during their academic career at UC Irvine. Students gain access to internship information, research opportunities, mentoring/ tutoring, and seminars on graduate school and career planning.
If you are eligible to receive this scholarship then it is highly recommended that you apply and submit your application via (LSAMP@uci.edu) or in-person.
The application will launch on October 1, 2018 for the 2018-2019 academic year.