The CAMP Summer Science Academy (CSSA) is a three-week residential program that is designed to prepare newly admitted students in STEM for the academic rigor associated with their degree programs. CSSA includes course instruction from faculty in mathematics and chemistry, presentations from numerous departments on campus about available resources, and a group project. Students will also participate in a course called How to be Successful in STEM. CSSA is a great way for students to get acclimated to postsecondary education and meet other newly admitted students in STEM.
Students are enrolled in a 2-unit course that will count towards their degree requirements.
The program includes:
- Mathematics and Chemistry instruction from UCI faculty
- A writing intensive experience (which is done in partnership with the Center for Excellence in Writing and Communication)
- Effective academic strategies and techniques
The CAMP Summer Science Academy is funded by the National Science Foundation. As such, students must meet the following criteria in order to be considered for admission:
- Submit your Statement of Intent (SIR) to UC Irvine by May 1, 2019
- Submit your Statement of Legal Residence (SLR) to UC Irvine by May 13, 2019
- Major in one of the following schools: Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, Engineering, Information and Computer Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences, and Public Health Sciences – Not Public Policy
- Are a Permanent Resident or U.S. Citizen
The 2019 CSSA application was due May 13th.
Please contact the CAMP Office if you have any questions about the program.