The CAMP Summer Science Academy (CSSA) is a three-week residential program that prepares incoming freshmen for the transition from high school to UCI. CSSA emphasizes the development of critical thinking and concentrates on courses critical for the students’ careers. The program has been designed to:
- Enhance the academic preparation of students for a competitive university experience
- Provide students with strategies for success
- Inform students about career choices and opportunities
Students are enrolled in a 2-unit course. Academic support is offered through:
- Special courses relevant for their major
- Workshops on study skills, time management, computer tools, note-taking and exam preparation
- Class discussions led by UCI faculty
- Homework sessions and study groups coordinated by mentors
The CAMP Summer Science Academy is funded by the National Science Foundation, therefore in order to be eligible for the program, you must meet the following criteria to be considered for CSSA:
- Submit your Statement of Intent (SIR) and Statement of Legal Residence (SLR) to UC Irvine by May 1st, 2018
- Your major must be in one of the following schools: Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, Engineering, Information and Computer Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences, and Public Health Sciences – Not Public Policy
- Be a Permanent Resident or U.S. Citizen
If you meet the criteria above and the Office of Financial Aid determines that you have financial need then you may be eligible to receive financial support to cover tuition, fees, room and board for the summer.
The application period for the 2018 CAMP Summer Science Academy is now closed. Please check back for future updates.