Building on existing efforts to improve transfer rates, the University of California and Edison International will offer the UC Irvine/Edison International Scholarship to LSAMP-CAMP eligible transfer students for the 2016-2017 academic year.
Edison International offers a two-year $15,000 ($7,500 each year) scholarship based on merit and academic promise. Criteria for the Edison Scholarship are as follows:
- LSAMP-CAMP eligible student with the following major(s): Civil Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Environmental Engineering.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA for Community College and UCI.
- Must reside within a Southern California Edison service area OR be enrolled at a community college served by Southern California Edison (click here for a list of eligible colleges).
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Must have financial need as determined by the UC Irvine Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships.
- Upon receipt of the scholarship, the student must commit to 25 hours of community service per year at the discretion of the program director.
The scholarship supports promising UC Irvine students with a conditionally-renewable $7,500 scholarship per year for two-years should the scholar maintain GPA requirements and complete 25 hours of community service per year through the LSAMP-CAMP UC Irvine office. The program also assists transfer students in quickly utilizing their resources at CAMP and the university during their short academic career at UC Irvine. Students gain access to internship information, research opportunities, free tutoring, and seminars on graduate school and career planning.
If you are eligible to receive this scholarship then it is highly recommended that you apply and submit your application to Leonora Peña (Ldwillia@uci.edu) or George Vazquez (Villegag@uci.edu).
Applications are closed for the 2016-2017 Edison Scholarship. Applications for the 2017-2018 school year will open December 2017.